Souq.com an Amazon Subsidiary is the largest e-commerce site in the Arab world. Every month, Souq.com attracts more than 40 million visits to its catalogue of more than 8.5 million unique products in 35 different categories, including Fashion, Books, Automotive, Consumer Electronics, Household Goods, Watches, Perfumes, Toys, and Baby products. Established in 2005, Souq.com today operates both as an award-winning retail business and an online marketplace that allows SMEs, merchants, brands, and distributors to distribute their products online.
With more than 3,000 employees, we have offices and local operations in UAE, Egypt, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and leading Product and Engineering centers in Jordan and India. We offer competitive salaries, benefits, and a unique opportunity to join the leading player in an ever growing and exciting industry.
Providing purchasing and general support, while being proactive in the communication between suppliers and various divisions in Operations. Must have the ability to create and manage commercial relationships with suppliers, negotiating the best prices for components and lead times.
- To perform the re-order process on your group of suppliers, and then to interpret these reports and place purchase orders.
- To ensure that products are procured, at the required quantity and quality, and at the correct time, ensuring the optimum cost benefit to the company.
- To be familiar with the meaning of product types and classes on the inventory file, and how these settings effect reordering.
- To maintain backorders and to liaise with suppliers on the delivery times of purchase orders and to take alternative action where possible to avoid stock outs.
- To assess/investigate local and overseas alternative suppliers, where the potential supplier meets the companies check of quality, and to be able to compare costs and delivery to that offered by current suppliers.
- To take over the monitoring of stock levels and reordering for new items
- To undertake any other duties/tasks as requested by the Operations Manager, these duties/tasks either being simple items or items of ongoing responsibility.
- To enter expenditure on purchase orders into the order details spreadsheet for use by the Accounts Department.
- To reprice incoming stock lines if required.
- To be able to prepare the spreadsheet of new supplier price lists for uploading into the computer.
- Bachelor’s degree or combination of education and related work experience
- At least 1 year work experience in a business environment, preferably in purchasing
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Strong Excel skills
Click here to Apply.