TOP FIVE SHIPPING COMPANIES IN THE WORLD ON THE BASIS OF CARGO CARRYING CAPACITY Date : August 6, 2020
- APM MAERSK– Based out of Denmark, Maersk Started its debut in the year 1904. The company at present has a fleet of 711 container ships and capacity of around 40, 87,480 TEU. The employee strength is about 80,000.
- MSC–MEDITERRANEAN SHIPPING COMPANY-A Swiss based international company started in the year 1970, has grown to have 560 fleet at present with a TEU capacity of around 33,08,955. More than 70,000 employees are working across the world.
- COSCO- CHINA OCEAN SHIPPING COMPANY- It’s a fully fully-owned subsidiary of COSCO Shipping Holding Co., Ltd, registered in China which was up for business since 2016. With a fleet of 461 container ships and carrying capacity of 27,92,448 TEU operates 401 international and domestic shipping routes
- CMA CGM- France based Shipping Company was established in the year 1978. With 1,10,000 employees has a fleet over 505 containers and carrying capacity of 26,43,745 TEU
- HAPAG-LLOYD- A German Shipping Company was established in the year 1970 with the merger of Hamburg-American Line and the North German company Lloyd. With more than 13000 employees and 248 containers has got the capacity of around 17,00,000 TEU